We first wrote about Aminata Kabba, more commonly known as A*M*E, back in September last year and since then the Sierra Leonean-born singer / songwriter has scored numerous successes, including her recent No.1 hit Need U (100%).
Currently signed to Epic Records A*M*E, who came to the United Kingdom at the age of eight and was famously discovered by Gary Barlow, is fast becoming the new face of British pop.
Besides her musical attributes, 18-year-old A*M*E has become quite a fashionista and style icon.
Making recent appearances on ITV’s Daybreak and Channel 5’s Big Brother’s Bit On The Side A*M*E has continued to show why she is more than just a singer.
A*M*E shows young women how to dress well for all occasions and it does not proves that you don’t always have to be wearing this season’s trends to be on point fashion-wise.
The key to A*M*E’s unique and attractive style is all about having the heart to be different and stand out from the crowd. A*M*E has a thing for bright colours and intricately patterned fabrics.
On many occasions she is seen wearing co-ords which show off her fabulous figure.
Her bursts of colours enable her to stand out from the crowd with his trademark side parting and brightly coloured lips.
For style lovers interested in emulating A*M*E’s style, we’ve listed a few simple tricks you can use with just a few key additions to your wardrobe.
How to get the A*M*E look:
- Tank Tops – Plain monochrome colours such as black, white or nude
- Suits and Co-ordinates – These play a big role in A*M*E’s wardrobe. Try to experiment with different tribal and Aztec prints and patterns – stay away from simple pastel coloured suits
- Statement Jewellery – Popular accessories for females – a large pair of earrings or necklace would do.
- Platform Heels- A*M*E is not that tall so a good platform is key to her outfits; whether it’s a festival performance or a television appearance they add an edge to any outfit
- Bold Prints –Be daring and bold whether its leggings or a dress, spice up your style with a powerful print
- Bright Lipstick– Finish off your A*M*E-inspired look with a stunning bright lip and neutral eye makeup
Go on and give it a try!