Virgin Records are celebrating their 40th anniversary this year with a series of events such as a book launch, exhibitions, in-flight performances and a series of live shows. The intimate London gigs will be taking place this autumn, and will feature some of the world’s most loved artists.
The music label, which was founded by Richard Branson in 1973, boasts a roster that includes icons such as Daft Punk, Soul II Soul, Massive Attack, Chemical Brothers, N.E.R.D and The Spice Girls as well as some of the biggest current pop artists of today.
Artists such as Jazzie B, Emeli Sande and Jake Bugg will be involved in the live shows which run from the beginning of October to Mid – November.
The full line up is below, and ticket details and information on the rest of their celebrations can be found on the official website.
- 3 October – Laura Marling at York Hall, Bethnal Green
- 17 October – Chvrches at Shepherds Bush Empire
- 21 October – Public Image Limited at Shepherds Bush Empire
- 24 October – Jake Bugg at Brixton Academy
- 4 November – Emeli Sande, Professor Green and Naughty Boy at Koko
- 5 November – Bastille and Josh Record at Koko
- 7 November – Simple Minds at Koko
- 10 November – Boy George at Koko
- 11 November – Martyn Ware presents Heaven 17 + guests at Koko
- 12 November – Jazzie B presents Soul II Soul (full live set) at Koko
Here’s to another 40!