It’s been a week since Rinse FM’s Julie Adenuga started a petition to get a statue of Wiley erected in East London.
There have been countless articles about her kind gesture, Twitter went crazy and even the Mayor of Tower Hamlets said his piece on the situation:
I am always happy to see home grown creative talent like Wiley receive recognition. It is important for young people to pursue creativity and we have strong arts and music education in the borough and apprenticeship schemes within the creative industries to help with this.
But still no statue. Still no official announcement. Still no top architects from Italy brought in. Still no council estates knocked down and people displaced to build a statue.
So to help the council, or whoever is in charge of stuff like this, here are eleven statues of Wiley to help speed up the creative process.
The petition has been signed by over 4000 people, half of them probably didn’t even know who Wiley was before the Guardian wrote an article! But hey, we appreciate your support.
1. THE WILEY FIGHTING OFF HIS ENEMIES
2. THE WILEY AS A ROCK LEGEND
3. THE WILEY AS A CHAMPION, BECAUSE HE ALWAYS WINS HIS TWITTER BATTLES. MOST TIMES.
4. WHAT’S BETTER THAN ONE WILEY?… TWO WILEYS! WITH BREASTS.
5. WILEY THE REDEEMER
6. THE UNCOOPERATIVE WILEY. BECAUSE HE’S SOOO NOT A TEAM PLAYER
7. THE WILEY AS A ROCK STAR.
8. THE NAKED WILEY
9. THE WILEY AS A DICTATOR.
10. THE WILEY AS A SEDUCTIVE ANGEL
11. THE WILEY DIDN’T SHOW UP